Saturday, July 25, 2009

Swimming: Part Two....

Today was a GORGEOUS day...it topped around 22-24C...so NICE!!! The plan for the day was to hike up the Duval River with a group of friends get HOT.. find a good place to jump IN and well go for a swim! Here's a shot looking up the river..... Fast moving water + rocks in river = pretty cool waterfall!
Here's Marcus doing some climbing....and Delia looks on....


This little guy was just hanging out! I attempted to get closer...but he scrambled back down his hole.


Saijulaa's Beach: YES I named a beach after myself! (Saijulaa is how you say Sarah in Inukitut!)
...this photo was taken via a timer---that meant I had to get in by my shoulders in 10secs flat...well that nearly killed me! it was very REFRESHING.....

Marcus stepped out of the river to capture these awesome shots.....
(on the left) I'm had to psyc myself UP to get into the water
(on the right) Immediately after dunking my head, Delia said I had the look of a child that is about to cry but no sound comes---until the BIG scream... well apparently I did that!

I'm sitting on a rock... at this point I was NUMB from the waist down....and wanted to stay "IN" for a period of time to say I acutally SWAM rather than just 'DIPPED' mission accomplished... it was pretty fun and refreshing!! :)
Sun tanning (with sunscreen AND mozzie spray!)...guy the bugs are gross!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done! I can't believe you could go UNDER in that cold water.
Kit