Sunday, September 27, 2009

Funny Conversations

Sitting in the airport today a teenage girl from Cape Dorset said, "I really like your hair."

I smiled and said, "Thank you."

"So did you curl it this morning?" she asked.

Shaking my head I replied, "ummm nope that's just the way it is, I washed it this morning...and well when it dries it just goes like this--it's actually pretty messy today!  and really...it's not that curly.. I mean some peoples hair is REALLY curly you know? "

"Oh, it is curly..it looks really nice...I wish mine was like that.." replies the girl with the straight dark hair that's 3/4 of her way down her back.

I replied, "Well I like your hair, how long and straight it is.... wanna swap?" 

The response I got was...giggles from her and her two friends!

***here I thought my hair wasn't that curly but I guess it's not really straight either! And with my last hair cut happening the last week of May---it sure is getting longer!***

2 comments:

Morena said...

That's cute. I get comments about my curls too sometimes. I guess in every culture it's the same, woman always want what they don't have naturally. Glad you made it out!

Sarah said...

It was nice to see you again! I'm also glad I got out... to Iqaluit!

(but you see YOU do have curls.. me not so much--i mean i have the wavy, kind of crazy body going around... but not really CURLS like yours... yours are NICE!!)