Monday, May 18, 2009

Third Time's a Charm....

Happy VICTORIA day to me!! I can honestly say it's the first one that I have experienced that involved snow!! But it was a good day... here is a shot of my hotel that I stayed at in Iqaluit, the Nova...home away from home!

Well I finally landed back safely in Pang---got a bit of a taste of flying/travelling up north! The pilots landed on their second attempt... a momentary break in the fog/cloud cover... (so yes I thought for a few minutes after they turned and gained altitude that I would be indeed flying BACK to Iqaluit and have experienced another 'flyby'... I was happy to get home to my clean house!!!


The pilots brought us in REALLY low over the ice....because the ceiling was so low! the 'cracks' in the ice in a week have become HUGE.... It was amazing to see the differences a week makes in the snow and ice!!


This is hard to see... BUT it's the plane's wing... and all of Pang--you can see the fog/cloud cover....crazy but thankfully we LANDED!! :)


Another shot of the Wing/Pang in a distance.... The ice is soooo amazing... the colours are awesome!!! very watery...and bright blue in colour!!

I think this has a mixture of sand/rock as well as the ice.... pretty cool patterns... I think they'd look awesome as HUGE canvas prints.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Photos are wonderful. Love the blue water and yes they would make fantastic pictures for your walls (or anyone else).