Monday, May 11, 2009

Life on the road....

I arrived in Igloolik today just before 5pm... through the whole flight from Iqaluit--I wasn't sure if we were going to land...I might have gone on to Pond Inlet...BUT all that worry was for nothing...we landed ok... (silly airlines that decide to freak you out!--but really it's just so that if they don't land in a place due to weather---then they aren't responsible for meals or lodging or transport at the location you end up at..which I suppose is a fair policy to have!)
Once I arrived I called Vera (who works with me in Pang--but also was on work travel and in Igloolik) So we went for a walk around town...I was able to figure out where I had to be the next day....and have some good conversation!
Here's Vera and her son...isn't he adorable!!!
Yup... there is speed limits in Igloolik... AND also a lot of snow!!! Some cars aren't used in the winter...and are 'parked'...

...just a shot from the hill of some of the houses... Igloolik is really flat!




...This is just a building that was in Igloolik...I think that at some point that aliens 'might' have made contact...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Vera and her son. The bottom one looks like a space pod. They are great photos.