Monday, February 23, 2009

Sorting........and Packing..........

All weekend I've been sorting and packing my apartment....YIKES! (after 3 years of living in the SAME spot...and being quite the self admitted pack rat...this has been rather interesting...)

my way....:)
Luckily (or so I thought before we started)...my mom was here as she was still on holidays from work! Saturday my plan was to pack, sort my bedroom(where my books are housed) and then vac the dust bunnies and then put the packed boxes in my closet..... so we started this job..... but then... I came out into the living room.. and mom had decided to 'sort' things EVERYWHERE in there.... so this ended up being a day of laughs..... about HER way vs. MY WAY!....
..no packing and sorting is complete without my princess crown....
she was insistant about taking down all the pictures and bubble wrapping them...but I held her off... ALTHOUGH she still tried to start that process....(i'm not sure what it is with her and bubble wrap? maybe I should be scared....!?)...

...bubble wrap...!?
To make this long story short (altho I don't think I'll quite manage to make this short!).....we did a great job...and well have sorted a majority of my stuff.... I'm left to just 'tidy' it and sort out the kitchen and do jobs like pull DVDs out of their boxes and into a CD holder...but oh wait! who I am REALLY kidding.. I have a lot left to do!!! Just thinking about it makes me want to.....HIDE....seriously I am a bit of a hider....but I won't...I'll keep at it!


..this is 1/2 of my ECE toy collection....


This morning I got a call from my 'moving' company.... and they need to come do a visit to estimate the cost.. and make sure I'm within my weight limits... 1000lbs to Nunavut, 2500lbs to storage.... and then will book a date that my things will magically go those too places.... the kicker in that convo was... they also pack everything!!!!!!!
So that's my world...(had the day off and still feel...) extremely tired, a tad stressed, and still need to work 4shifts at day care this week!...... but also have everything ready for this 'estimate' visit.... ah.. it's going to be a fun week!!!! that's my news for the day!

No comments: